If I am honest I'll say that the AMV is a little basic. It does not really make too much use of timing or effects.
This is another Elfen Lied AMV but it makes better use of effects. I will note though that the effects are really overused in this AMV and in reality effects should 'only ever' be used when they add something to the AMV.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJFeew2Yrig
Now I am not a one trick pony mind you so here are some pretty good AMVs from the four continuing anime Series that I follow.
- This AMV shows the crazy side of Fairy Tail but also the badass side. Watch the animation quality in the second half because Fairy tail is the best animated weekly release I have 'ever' seen. But for an Idea of just how good the action and the Animation is... there is no better AMV than this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXcqhMJMDao
This AMV is just perfect to showcase the tragedy of this anime. It is hardly mentioned but this anime is incredibly dark at times. All of the main characters have tormented and scarred backstories and throughout the adventure the protagonists meet with a massive amount of hardship for themselves and the ones they meet. But it is the leader of the pirate crew - Monkey D. Luffy - and his insurmountable drive, unfailing spirit and almost uncanny ability to say and do exactly what should be done even if it is by accident.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXcqhMJMDao
- A truly great AMV for a truly great anime.
But we must not forget that throughout that hardship there are some really funny and great moments. But perhaps the best moments are the action of the series and the uniqueness of all of the characters. This AMV just showcases Luffy's badassness perfectly.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPrnCbyeVm4
- Monkey D. Luffy, the only man ever to be able to pick his nose and still look completely badass at the same time!
I admit it. This series is far from the best I've seen. The colour scheme is really bland and uninteresting at times but that is because the feel of the anime requires it to be so. The fights are generic and the storyline is a little basic with just a few plot twists thrown in. Still I love the anime and here's why.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peHwKIybqKI
- The action is in a level of it's own. Each fight scene, though generic, is done near perfectly and it is a beautiful cacophony when you reach the really important fight scenes like these -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsajbiqHlww
- Ichigo vs Ulquiorrahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4qKWXDBpT4
- Ichigo vs Aizen
Finally - Naruto Shippuden
Naruto's history is mixed at best. At times it is just dull and boring and uninteresting. The original series did not interest me nearly as much as Shippuden does. Even then at times it is less than we come to expect. The animation in the fight scene with Pein (that's how I spell it) sometimes dropped down to the level of a flash player project which irritates me. But the fight itself was good enough on oh GOD so many levels for me to forgive it. Take a gander -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do0K__3X9l0
And the emotion stirred up by possibly the greatest master ever to appear in any anime... ever. The best pervy old man by Far. Jiraya.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A01XGczHIk0
- Beautiful AMV that made me cry.
Last edited by Skye on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total